Adult Chorus Auditions
Auditions for our Symphonic Chorus will be held in August, September, January, May, and June by appointment. To Set up a time, please call 703-642-3277 or us at email@example.com (Subject: Symphonic Chorus Auditions).
(2016-2017) Requirements for Auditions
- New members will be asked to sing a prepared piece of our choosing (portions of Morton Lauridsen’s Sure on This Shining Night) and a short sight-reading exercise.
- Auditions are private with the Artistic Director.
- Members are expected to read music and have experience singing in a choral group.
- Members are also expected to be strong singers, able to carry their voice part in an ensemble, while blending with the overall choral sound.
Requirements for Membership
- The Symphonic Chorus performs about four concerts per year. Members are expected to sing all concerts. A performance and rehearsal calendar is provided at the beginning of each season.
- Rehearsals are Monday evenings, from 7:30-9:50 pm at Fairfax Presbyterian Church. Members are expected to attend all rehearsals. Additional orchestra rehearsals are held during the week of a performance.
- Limited absences will be granted for business travel and/or illness.
- Members are expected to sell concert tickets and encouraged to participate in fund-raising activities and volunteer opportunities.
Membership Dues and Other Fees 2016-2017
- Dues for the full season are $415.
- Part-year tuition is $315 (September-December or January-May).
- For performances, men wear black tuxedos with black tie and cummerbund and women wear performance skirts & tops purchased through FCS.
- Members purchase their own music, through FCS. Costs vary per concert.
- Full and partial scholarships available